Drug Monitoring Assays | TNF Inhibitors
TNF inhibitors are a type of drug used worldwide to treat inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriatic arthritis, juvenile arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis), ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriasis. They reduce inflammation and stop disease progression by targeting an inflammation-causing substance called Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF).
In healthy individuals, excess TNF in the blood is blocked naturally, but in those who have rheumatic conditions, higher levels of TNF in the blood lead to more inflammation and persistent symptoms. They can alter a disease’s effect on the body by controlling inflammation in the joints, gastrointestinal tract, and skin.
Our Drug Monitoring assays specifically designed for TNF inhibitors include: Infliximab, Adalimumab, Etanercept, Golimumab and Certolizumab pegol.
- Infliximab (trade names Remicade®, Remsima®, and Inflectra®) reduces the amount of active human tumor necrosis factor alpha (hTNF-α) in the subject by binding to it and preventing it from signaling the receptors for TNF-α on the surface of various cell types.
- Adalimumab (trade name Humira®) binds specifically to (TNF-α) and blocks its interaction with the p55 and p75 cell surface TNF receptors.
- Etanercept (trade name Enbrel®) binds specifically to human tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) and blocks its interaction with cell surface TNF receptors.
- Golimumab (trade name Simponi®) binds to both the soluble and transmembrane bioactive forms of human TNF-α. This interaction prevents the binding of TNF-α to its receptors, thereby inhibiting the biological activity of TNF.
- Certolizumab pegol (trade name Cimzia®) is a tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) blocker and binds to human TNF-α.
We offer test kits for the determination of the free therapeutic drug and also for the determination of free antibodies directed against the drug in serum and plasma. The mAb-based assays are designed to make sure there is no cross reactivity with any other TNF-α catcher.
|Anti-Infliximab (Remicade®, Remsima®, and Inflectra®) (Total) (Cat #TM09004)|
|Anti-Infliximab (Remicade®, Remsima®, and Inflectra®) (ATI) (Cat #TM09003)|
|Infliximab (Remicade®, Remsima®, and Inflectra®) (mAb-based) (Cat #TM09002)|
|Infliximab (Remicade®, Remsima®, and Inflectra®) (Cat #TM09001)|
|Anti-Adalimumab (Humira®) (Cat #TM09009)|
|Adalimumab (Humira®) (Cat #TM09008)|
|Anti-Etanercept (Enbrel®) (Cat #TM09007)|
|Etanercept (Enbrel®) (mAb-based) (Cat #TM09006)|
|Etanercept (Enbrel®) (Cat #TM09005)|
|Golimumab (Simponi®) (Cat #TM09018)|
|Golimumab (Simponi®) (mAb-based) (Cat #TM09019)|
|Anti-Golimumab (Simponi®) (Cat #TM09020)|
|Anti-Certolizumab pegol (Cimzia®) (Cat #TM09035)|
|Certolizumab pegol (Cimzia®) (mAb-based) (Cat #TM09023)|